Advanced Wilderness First Aid (40 hour)
This course is designed to prepare you to deal with someone for more than 24 hours. We teach a minimum of 75% of the course out side to create a realistic learning environment. This course has the Standard First Aid and CPR C with AED built into the course. Upon successful completion you will have these certificates built into your Advanced Wilderness First Aid certificate.
Like the WFA course, we add basic shelter construction that is not part of the certificate.
Course is run over 2 weekends and length is dependant on group size and skill level. The first weekend is made up of the basic Wilderness First Aid program, and the second weekend is the Advanced portion of the course. Both weekends/ all four days together make up the full Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification.
For private group bookings, we can also run this program on 4 days together, please talk to our office about your group needs!
Free 2 year Skill Refreshers for anyone who takes our Wilderness First Aid courses!
- Preparation and Planning
- Your Health
- What is the P.L.A.N.T.M.? (when dealing with a person this will help decide if the person should stay on trip, should they should be taken to help by the party, or whether help should be brought to the party)
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Wound Care
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Environmental Situations
- Cold and Heat Related Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Evacuation and Transportation
- Extended Care
- Helmet Removal
- Traction and Realignment of Fractures
- Pulse Checks
- Jaw Thrust for People with Possible Spinal Injuries
- Rescue Breathing
- Discontinuing Spinal Precautions
- Leadership in First Aid
- Altitude Injuries
$459.95 plus tax (Full 40 hours)
$ 249.95 plus tax (Upgrade 20 hours)
Occupational First Aid Compliant - Effective September 1, 2018